•Key West Pride, June 6-10—Key West, a city consistently recognized as one of the world’s top gay and lesbian vacation destinations, will hold the annual Key West Pride, a festival celebrating diversity, openness and freedom. Guests here can expect dance parties, drag shows and a parade through town. For more information, visit pridefestkeywest.com.
• Third Annual Key West Bacchanalia, June 7-10—Overlapping with Key West Pride is the Third Annual Key West Bacchanalia, a food and wine event that has celebrity chefs facing off against each other to benefit breast cancer research. For more information, visit keywestbacchanalia.com.
• The Original FKCC Swim Around Key West and Swim Meet, June 16—On this day, swimmers between the ages of 18 and 65 years and older will enjoy swimming clockwise around the island of Key West. To participate, race registration is $100 per person with discounts available for group registration. For more information, visit fkccswimaroundkeywest.com.
• Mel Fisher Days, July 12-15—Any treasure hunters out there ought to stop by Key West for Mel Fisher Days, an annual celebration around the anniversary of Fisher’s discovery of the shipwrecked Spanish galleon Nuestra Señora de Atocha. For more information, visit melfisher.com.
• 28th Annual Underwater Music Festival, July 14—For divers, snorkelers, swimmers and mermaids only: this submerged festival in Big Pine and the Lower Keys will make use of Lubell Laboratory speakers beneath boats positioned over the reefs, and will take place at Looe Key Reef in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. The sound quality is known to be extremely clear, but with an ethereal effect due to the sound waves’ transmission through water. For more information, visit lowerkeyschamber.com.
• Hemingway Days, July 17-22—Introduce your clients to Ernest Hemingway at Key West’s 32nd annual Hemingway Days. During this year’s celebration, visitors can take part in literary readings, short story competitions, fishing tournaments or the Sloppy Joe’s Look-Alike Contest. For more information, visit hemingwaydays.net.
• Key Largo Food & Wine Festival, July 27-Aug. 5—Spanning two weekends, the Key Largo Food & Wine Festival incorporates gourmet dinners with cultural festivities and wines from around the world. The Grand Tasting in particular shouldn’t be missed, offering wine seminars, cooking demos, celebrity chef appearances and, of course, tons of food, all amidst live music and a Key Largo-style beach party. For more information, visit keylargofoodandwinefestival.com.